Sorry for not writing yesterday! I decided now would be GREAT time to start throwing out some specific prayer requests as my departure draws nearer. I didn't write yesterday mainly because I was in a funk and was getting frustrated.
I researched and found all of the measurements for my carry on and for the rest of my luggage, and started figuring out what I had here at home to work with. It started out great! The bag that I usually use for week-long trips is small enough to be my carry on, and obviously big enough to fit a LOT. So I went on and made a list of things that would be necessary in a carry on, and let me tell you, that's a really long list. Long story short, I fit just about everything in it, besides the things I discovered I would really like to have in addition. When I read about the carry on size, I didn't read anything about a weight restriction (if anyone knows about a weight restriction please let me know!) but I weighed my packed bag anyway. The first time I weighed it, it said 10 pounds. I thought there was NO WAY it was only 10 pounds, so I tried again with me holding it, and it said it was 15 pounds. I was really frustrated at that point, and unpacked everything and sat there in my funk.
Prior to this, my mom ever so kindly brought up the suitcase that I had planned on taking from downstairs and weighed it for me. My luggage cannot exceed 50 pounds, and I can have two bags. To me, two bags seems like way too much for one person to lug around 4 different airports, including a carry on and whatever else I end up bringing. Anyway, I want to try and stick to just one bag, BUT the suitcase alone weighs 7 pounds empty. That's insane to me, and only added to my frustration.
So to conclude this unnecessarily long story, here are a few of the specific prayers that I would really appreciate right now!
- going with the flow when things don't go my way
- peace in knowing that God is in control of all of this
- staying focused on one thing at a time
- provision (I can bring American money to Peru to be exchanged, but they have to be mint condition $20 bills, and those are REALLY hard to find)
- nerves (this is my first time flying, and I'm scared!)
- a sound heart, especially since I'm leaving everyone :(
- a servant's heart, I can't wait to show His love
- finding time to spend with my friends and family before I leave AND work as much as I can to save up
Those are my main needs at the moment, and thank you so much for the love, support, and prayers thus far :)