It's been a rough morning! I woke up feeling absolutely awful, my stomach is upset and I've been nauseous.
Delia is such a sweetheart and made me some tea that they drink when they aren't feeling well. I'm laying in bed right now because that's about all I can handle!
I'm supposed to head up the village today, but that probably won't happen unless there's a miracle!
To catch you up on a few things:
- We finally got in touch with Casa Josefina, the orphanage where I'll be volunteering! I meet with them this week Wednesday (10/17). Then, my first day should be that next Monday (10/22).
- I have decided not to return to the village ministry near Tupon. I know that God had his hand in that decision and the gut feelings I was getting. (My mama gets them too ;)
- Delia and I have really begun to connect more. We've talked about relationships, friendships, some of our fears and dreams, and our relationships with God. Next Sunday, we're going to church together and I'm going to help teach some English! Delia has begun listening to Christian music solely in English, as well as listening to Hillsong sermons.
- Emanuel only lets me talk to him in English so that I can help him practice.
- Eidison's mother is sick and he has been at home for the past week and a half helping to take care of her, prayers for her and their family!
- There's a new student who lives with us two nights a week! Her class gets out at 9 p.m., and by that time there is no bus to take her back to her village. Since there are no more beds left on the girl's floor, she shares a bed with my other roommate, Elli.
- Hand washing laundry is a lot of work.
- Summer has arrived, and so has the rain! It has rained for the past three days, and will continue to do so until I head back home.
- Most days I do not speak any English at all, unless it is to blog or talk with my family. (My Spanish is rapidly getting better!)
- I've started praying out loud, which has been absolutely amazing for my relationship with God!
I miss everyone so much and I hope that you are all doing well and are in good health! Sending love from Cusco!
This is the view of Corason that I get every time I go! Yesterday, it had been raining. I found this whole scene strangely beautiful.